As I drove along the usual stretch of highway, I don't know why yesterday of all days, I decided to use the "side lane". It's very common for all the Penang drivers to use this small stretch of area which is not really a lane. I never used it but I DID ytd! :(
And tragedy strikes!
I was in my own "lane" and suddenly I saw this huge bas kilang very near the rear of my car from my rear mirror. And within split seconds! He banged into my car!!! Dammit!! On instinct, I just Honked at him continuously as I don't want him to drive off. He looked at me and he gestured me to drive further up to stop at the roadside.
The first thing he said when he got out is of course to accuse me of driving at the side. I retaliated by telling him I was not the only one driving there!! Didn't you see me??? He kept quiet and I remembered seeing that he was still pretty far away from my behind and suddenly he appeared very close behind me. I asked him how he wants to settle? He said you copy my plate number and you claim from my company insurance lah! I asked for his name but he refused to give me and was in a hurry to get back into his bus. I even chased him straight to his door and he said you go n report to police and I will go later lah! They will know how to settle lah! And drove off! Wtf!!!
At times,it just sucks to be a lady bcos guys tend to take advantage of you. Fml! I called up my bf and he asked me to drive to his office and we'll drive to the balai together. But as I drove to his office, I started thinking what am I to say to the police? I was driving on the illegal lane?? Then after discussing, we decided not to go and I was willing to pay for the damage myself since I was also partly at wrong too and you and I know how difficult it is to claim from insurance for that petty amount of money
But then people I called up started telling me if he were to make a police report and I didn't within 24 hrs, I will get summoned instead whether or not I'm in the wrong! I was sooo worried the whole of last nite as I didn't even know whether he will even make a report or not.
So this morning, after consulting with my boss he advised me to just make a statement just to protect myself since the driver was trying to be funny (left in a hurry and did not bother to give me a name or contact). I went to the nearest balai and thank God the officer in charge was pretty helpful. He helped me to check whether he made a report and asked for my contact so that he will call me IF the driver does make a police report. You can't imagine HOW relieved I was after that! That was a load off my mind!!!
After that was off my mind I started thinking...gheez I must be crazy! That was a huge us y'know?? Compared to my little kelisa it was gigantic! And all that happened to my car was just those scratches?! And there was not even a single dent. I really felt thankful to God He was obviously protecting me through it all.
And guess what? at 5pm (an hour before the accident hit its 24 hours mark), some chinese guy called me up and asked me whether i still want to lodge the police report? i asked who are you?? he said im from the bus company la..."my malay" banged into you la yesterday.lol! i said oh i decided not to pursue the matter. he said oh ok..i just wanted to call you up to confirm on that ( i think he was at the police station and that's where he got my contact) and he sounded grateful and even thanked me =_=
and of course, my human nature kicked in ...i felt like ..aiyah! should have claimed from him instead...lol! ahh human, never satisfied. oh well, for that rm250 i wouldnt want to go thru all the hassle of claiming and waiting and more waiting =_= oh well lesson learned! no more illegal lanes for me!
6 comments:
kesian la... :(
I also had an minor accident in town last week... the first i had in a long time... it involved a kelisa too :P
hahaha how is your wira?
this is my "virgin" accident u kno?? with a huge bus kilang some more ..omg..i broke my record already :(
I'm sorry to hear that dear, glad that you are ok. But you were at wrong too. Take it as a good lesson. To make you feel better, I was speeding in Japan once, without even knowing I was speeding because the road were too broad in Hokkaido as compared to their main island roads. Guess what? I was fined US$700, and my license was temporary terminated for a whole month. But after that, I have became one of the most law abiding drivers.
should repair before rust sets in. the only shining light from this incident is ... you can finally repaint ur car pink. :) hehe.
fish fish : you are rite...lesson learned! :D everything happens for a reason i guess
joe : hahahaah no i didnt...but i just collected my car from the garage just now...it is now sparklingly new!! bcos the guy even helped me to polish...hehe
quite a bad scratch eh?? Anyway as chinese proverb says "small money out, big money in"
*go buy sports toto & magnum*
from me
Post a Comment