If you have noticed from my recent post on eBay shopping, i bidded on a Shu Uemura eyelash curler
I won the curler at USD4.75 (approx rm15.20) with free postage worldwide from this seller even though i somehow doubted that this is THE real shu uemura eyelash curler which retails for USD19 (RM60). Then again, i bought it without much hope that it would be original since a good curler in the market would cost more than RM15 anyway, shu uemura or not. Even though i did read from some blogs that they could buy the shu uemura eyelash curler at a much much cheaper price in HK and China (my seller is from HK). Spending RM60 on an eyelash curler...nehhh...can't make myself do it yet :P
What do you think? Do you think it's authentic? The curler comes in a nice little box that has all the instructions in both english and japanese. I tried reading the instructions and there's no spelling/grammatical mistakes (LOL!) it sounds authentic enough but they might have copied the whole instructions over when they pirate it anyway :P
But if you look at the first picture, the picture of the curler on the box somehow looks "photocopied". That is the only thing that made me suspect that this might not be original though cos the curler itself looks pretty good
First touch, the curler felt kinda heavy and solid in my hands. A good sign.
And it even comes with the shu uemura logo on the curler
And the rubber padding looks thick and nice :D
It even comes with an extra free padding
What's the verdict? It does its job..it curls my lashes :D and it doesnt hurt my lashes like some el cheapo curler does. So i think it is money well-spent...authentic or not :P
Do i think it's authentic? I dont know, since i've never owned a shu uemura eyelash curler bought directly from the shu uemura counter to compare. The only giveaway is the "photocopied" looking photo of the curler on the box. Other than that, all is good and dandy. If you are really paranoid about buying fakes, then you'd better buy it off the counter :)
6 comments:
Not for me... Hehehehehe!!!
Maybe a peep at the Shu Uemura counter will help. But if this one does a good job, and for only RM15, then it is quite a good buy then.
I shifted to elf US$1 curler, and I've been loving it since. The only thing is the padding keep coming off the curler.
how to bid? i wan too ..^^
Hello, i don't have it but i read a review says that the original shu uemura has writte in the rubber "shu uemura" in the downside... in the picture i don't see.
But the best thing is that the girl who tested says that they are similar. the result is the same! ^^
I think that i'll bought one for me.
I just bought two of these from ebay. First thing I noticed is that there is a typo on the box that I received. No biggie, it happens, but still. I do have a Shu Uemura eyelash curler that I bought at the Sephora, but its on its last leg. Second thing I noticed is that like one of the before comments, that the pad with the eBay one does not have the logo printed on it. Third thing, even though the logo is printed on the eyelash curler itself, where the one from Sephora has a tiny "Q" printed on it, the one from eBay has a "W" printed on it. This may or may not be because it is coming from the country of origin? NO idea. Anyways. Tested out the eyelash curler as soon as I got it, and it did the same job. Sooo.. either way.. it may or may not be a fake, I can't entirely tell, however, if it is a fake, it is by far the best fake I've ever purchased.
Sorry to inform you but i think you received a fake shu uemura eyelash curler. There are plenty of articles regarding fake vs real shu uemura, down to the printing on boxes. I recently ordered mine on amazon for less than $20. Did my research and luckily mine was real.
Post a Comment