Last week. I went with my colleagues to Tek Sen Restaurant @ Carnarvon Street for a birthday celebration of sorts for me and another colleague of mine.
When they suggested going to Tek Sen Restaurant, I of course have no idea where it is being the foodie noob in Penang. They gave me this link http://www.what2seeonline.com/2010/04/teik-seng-restaurant-shifted-to-new-outlet-at-carnarvon-street/ to read more about this place. Since Cklam recommended the Fried BBQ Pork, i was very excited when my colleague ordered this dish :) (we arrived later so my colleague proceeded to order the dishes first). What more can i say...I absolutely LOVE this dish!
The bbq pork is sweet and crunchy and chewy and absolutely delicious! I think i finished most of my rice with the BBQ pork..hehe.
We also had this spinach soup with 3 types of eggs (century eggs,duck eggs and chicken eggs)
The spinach was cooked to perfection but there is only so much can I say about spinach. It was alright.
The braised tofu topped was not too bad either
The tofu was soft and fragrant. An appetizing dish.
And also this stingray assam
We also ordered a few other dishes such as sweet and sour pork ribs and another dish of vege. All these including drinks for 11 and 9 bowls of rice amounted to RM150. Which I did not pay of course, cos it was a birthday treat..hehehe..
It was a pleasant lunch and i would go back there just for the BBQ Fried Pork. Delish!
This is the location of the shop that i managed to save on my iPhone. Hopefully it is accurate..lol.Be warned tho, parking can be quite a problem. We parked just next to the Kapitan Keling Mosque
No comments:
Post a Comment