Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

Healthy Sunday

WOOHOO~~

At last the lazy ol' me who used to sleep in on sundays till 11am managed to force myself up before 8am on a SUNDAY!!!!!!! to do something healthy~~

YAY~

i think this is a great way to kickstart the many many weekends of 2007 lo...hehe...

I went to Mount Singai!


Its a mountain located in the district of Bau (the town is not smelly la ok) famous mostly for the catholic pilgrimage center situated on the mountain! cool or wat?

The first time i went there was waaaaaaaaaay back when i was only few years old to do our pilgrimage there...there's a church,hostel,canteen,an amphitheatre all on the mountain!


But before you can reach these you will have to climb urghhhh...up the stairs...fuhh fuhh almost died doing it...i think i should exercise more...mwehehehe

There was this little girl of around 9/10 who practically 'ran' up the steep staircase as we were ascending ...and before we even finished our climb, she was already 'running' down :(

The mountain actually belonged to the catholic bidayuhs in the area and they were the ones who built the church and all the facilities on the mountain.And can you imagine how they managed to carry all the building materials up ??? horrible! O_O

So those who do climb the mountain for pilgrimage (or leisure la) are encouraged to help them carry those bricks needed for building contructions up.



hehehe...we r so kind n goood altho i shared my piece of brick with someone

The whole mountain is fuulllllllll of various local fruit trees!~

plants

And being a 'city kid' my whole life long...it sure is fascinating to be actually looking at the tree which bears all those fruits which i've been eating since little...we saw cempedak trees,durian trees,mangosteen trees and even langsat! =)



IMG_4841



It was great to finally get outdoors to sniff the fresh air and 'enjoy' stumbling upon some eeky insects ...the sadist in me almost made me stomp on the weird looking insects...wahahah

insects



and BEST of the best.........wobbling like a duck the whole day 2day :(

Wahlau..both my legs hurt so much ok...it was so hard for me to even climb up the stairs to my floor ...boohoohoo...

hopefully things will be better 2moro...



IMG_4909

10 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

Very healthy! Keep it up!

Yippie! I first!

Anonymous said...

yippee!! I second!

I've been the lazy girl these past few months, waking up at 7.45 instead of 6.45... hahahaha! I want to zzzzz more liao...

Chen said...

imagine how pink cotton wobbling like donald duck :D
tat's why.. must exercise more liao ;)

Anonymous said...

Yipppeee! I'm fifth!!! Ducks wobble? LOL!! Ok, I can really imagine you now! Hahahaha!! Sorry, all my images of ducks are on a Plate, or hooked up..

Anonymous said...

That is a good start indeed
I guess you will be very healthy come end of the year
And the place is so beautiful
:)

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! Do more of this and bet you'll be more fit in no time soon! :D

Anonymous said...

You decided to start 2007 in a healthy way,huh? =P Good for you!!!
I wish I could do that too but the one time I decided to take some exercise,I got worn out in less than 15 mins!!!
MWAHAHAHA!!!!

Go Pink Cotton!!!GO GO GO!!!!!! =D

Anonymous said...

i also want to go! lol

Winn said...

hiking is fun..
can melayang layang there ar?

Anonymous said...

waaahhh!!! I miss the gunungs of kuching!!! *sobs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails