Pages

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Wormy's birth story (part 1- how I got admitted)

So wormy was born on the 5th of May 2014. The actual due date was 7th of May. By the checkup on that Sunday which is 4th of May I was Getting really anxious. So many thoughts running through my mind. Will I be overdue? Will I give birth today? What does contractions feel like? Will I still need to go back to work the following week? Do I need to bring my work laptop back. Lol!

Call it instincts or coincidence, I was on leave from 30th onwards. I started having discomforts which I thought was gastric pains on the 3rd of May and again early morning on 4th of May. I thought I had diarrhea and went to the toilet several times that night. Lol. On 4th of May morning, still I did not have any signs so we went for my weekly checkup. My obgyn said since my due date is just 3 days away, might as well check for dilation. I've heard so much about how the doctors checks for dilation and was prepared for bleeding AFTER that. 

Imagine my surprise, actually BOTH our surprise when I started bleeding on the examination table itself before he even starts checking for dilation. Lol. I remember he "EH!!" loudly. He asked, was I bleeding before I came? I said no. He still proceeded to check for dilation and I was already 2cm dilated. He did an ultrasound scanning before that and found that the amniotic fluid is also getting less. Don't know where it went? Asked me whether I had any water leakage. I said no. Ghee. I am such a clueless mother. 

Since I was already bleeding and not much fluid left, he decided its best that I deliver the next day. Which means I have to be induced! Oh noooo... Dr soon suggested that I be admitted at midnight on 5th of May so that I get to "maximize" the first nights stay so to speak. Lol. Everyone kept asking why do I have to be admitted at midnight. They would insert a suppository at 1am and I would be induced by 7am the next day and Hopefully I will deliver by evening. 

Dr gave me the green light to go home but advised against walking too much as in going to a shopping mall. Lol. I was already bleeding quite a lot by then and I felt really uncomfortable and anxious. I have lost all kind of appetite by then. I remember I had char sio pau for lunch and the hb insist I get some rest that afternoon.  But sleep eludes me. We both spent time searching on the Internet on labour. Lol. 

That night we had dominos pizza for dinner and again tried to sleep but failed to do so. Kept looking at the clock and at that point of time, my "strategy" was to psych myself into believing I can handle ANY kind of pain. Received a few phone calls from family and close friends and I was motivated and in a calm mood. The hb was busy climbing up and down setting up the baby cot, cleaning the fan and doing last minute preparations

 
He is finally willing to put the bedsheets and cot bumpers on baby's cot.
 
Cleaning the changing mat...lol

Before long, it was 11pm and time for us to go to the hospital. I kept thinking to myself and staring at my bulging tummy, this is it! The next time i am home, I will have a flat tummy (hoped so, although my tummy isnt that bad after delivery :x) and will be carrying wormy in my arms instead. Although i remember cracking my head what should i wear to the hospital, should i still wear underwear? LOL! yes i am superficial like that... (To be continued)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails