Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekends???Where??

harlowww...its a sunday again and i think i've missed out on saturday this week..boohoohoo...
i was in the office for the whole day yesterday...*sigh* so there goes saturday :(


my favouritest day of the week.and i've missed out on a whole day of shopping...wahahaha.well, that could be good in a way since i dont have to spend any money rite? :P


So i went to office yesterday morning without any supply of water cos i assumed that the office always have a HUGE supply of drinking water ma! but to my horror.....i found out that all the water bottles have been emptied COMPLETELY!


I am a water person .. in fact, ppl call me WATER TANK (*ahem* not OIL TANK ok?? it has totally differnet meanings..wahahah) cos i just cannot live without water.


I must always have 2 bottles of water at my side when im in front of the computer...heee! i think the company is lucky not to have 2 staff like me :D


Ok....so i thought well, maybe i could finish my job earlier and i can leave earlier and have my drink somewhere else lor.


But things dragged on for quite a bit and arghhhh i was THIRSTY!


I really had no choice but to refill my water bottle in the toilet..sob sob.I mean from the toilet water tap of cos!!


And there was this really heavy smell of chlorine!!! YEARGHHH...


Talking about employee motivation..tsk tsk tsk.Boss must b saying....THOSE WHO COME BACK TO O.T. ON WEEKENDS AH...NO NEED TO GIVE THEM ANY WATER.COS WHO ASK THEM NOT TO FINISH THEIR WORK EARLIER?? 'x'


wahahahah..


But that is exactly what i wanted to talk about...EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION.


Saturdays and sundays have always been 2 very precious days for me since as long as i could remember. My perception is that, the weekends should be spent on play and not work.ha!Which is why i've always grumbled and moaned when i had to go back for classes on saturday last time and which is why i grumble and moan when i have to go back to work now! :D


But then, i was always quite surprised to see so many of my colleagues back to work on saturday.


And i dont mean droppping by for a few minutes to be a nuisance to those who need to OT and run off again kind of 'back to work'. I mean staying there for the whole day as if its a working day kind.


Before i started working, i was not really er....'exposed' to this thing called O.T. hahaahha i guess its cos my elder brother and sisters never had to OT le.I never see them packing their bags and waking up early to go to work on saturdays!


Which is why i was surprised to see my colleagues always so willing to go back to work.
Then it struck me that...employee motivation could b a part of this.


When a boss gives good remuneration,good working environment,good facilities,etc etc...staff would be willing to do more than just 5 working day...hehehe. I think that is very true.


In fact SIMS2 OPEN FOR BUSINESS actually simulates that! You have to maintain and motivate your staff by increasing their wages, promoting them,give them a break,etc :P


Wahhahaha...ok ... so DEAR MR BOSS, if you are reading this...i hope you would know that i am your dedicated employee 'x'

4 comments:

Selba said...

WATER TANK? hahaha...

Guess how many glass I usually drink the whole day? Yeah... average only 2 - 3 glass a day.... Sometimes the whole 9 - 10 hours in the office I only drink water 1/2 mug, kekeke... I know I sounds very unhealthy.... Don't feel thirsty... :)

Redsponge said...

Aiyer, you drink water from the pipe meh? tsk tsk tsk...

Funkye said...

hello water tank...nex time u not water to drink, tel me i buy u mah. dont sound like so kesian.anyway, all the best in work..there's no perfect job...-_-"

Pink Cotton said...

selba:WOW!! 2-3 glasses a day??? lol..i think my boss would like you very much..ha!

red sponge:i don have any options bo.i wanted to walk next door to buy but i cannot waste any time :P

frank : wah! so good ah? ur family busines selling water isit???kekeke...

Related Posts with Thumbnails