This was actually our second time eating at one of the sister branches of Crystal Jade during our trip to KL :p This time it's at the C-Jade Express which serves more of those bbq assortment of pork,duck,chicken kinda stuff.
We went there with a mission......
that is, to order their suckling pig rice combo! :)
I don't know about you but the only time i get to eat suckling pig is either at wedding dinners or any other types of chinese celebratory kind of dinner at chinese restaurants. How often do you get to eat suckling pig with rice on a normal day eh? ;)
We had their suckling pig with rice combo (RM17.80) which is a serving of suckling pig with rice and a choice of bbq pork/pork ribs/roast duck/roast chicken/steamed chicken. The suckling pig with rice priced at RM16.80 only came with the single serving of suckling pig. For an extra RM1, you get the combo which i think is quite a "bargain" :P
My combo with a choice of roast duck. The roast duck was pretty good, crunchy skin and soft meat.
The second combo with bbq pork which IMHO tasted pretty mediocre to me
The suckling pig on the other hand, is a different story altogether :D Oh...the crunchy skin with the piglet meat of the right combination of meat and pork fat....oh my....
My only gripe? Thinking of how all the poor piglets that were still suckling it's mother's milk were robbed off the warmth of their mother and slaughtered :(((
But they taste so good oh boy. Being put on top of the white rice, some meat juices and fat went down to the rice making it so fragrant...hahaha. Spoken like a true pork lover 'x'
One downside about the place, their waiters all looked as if someone owed them money. Most of their waiters i guess are either burmese or nepalese? I am not being racist, just making a statement. But the way they put my rice on my table it's like banging it down on the table. I think they have developed some level of experience in serving their customers that way because nothing spilt or fell off the plate. Oh well...
Again all price exclusive of 10% svc charge and 5% govt tax.
C-Jade Express
Unit LG-048 LG Flr
Midvalley Megamall
KL
Tel 03-22848113
Fax 03-22846113
1 comment:
KL kah? Haiz...if Penang, I can go and try when I go sometime 2nd week of December... Coincidentally, I have a post on such stuff scheduled for next week. I think nicer and a whole lot cheaper...
Post a Comment