Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shanghai Renjia Part II

Went to Shanghai Renjia again ....

this time i managed to get a shot of the interior =)

classical oriental touch rite?

this time we had Sweet and Sour Pork Rib noodles (RM4.50)


to be perfectly honest...i really hate this!!!
the pork rib was too dry and hard...and the thing that annoyed me most was that, the pork ribs had tiny little pieces of bone which you wouldnt know its there until you bite into it....HARD!

dont like!

next!!!

Shanghai fried dumplings... (RM4?)

I think this was the best we've had that day...juicy meat in crunchy dumpling skin

and we were recommended with something something something...

i have forgotten the chinese name 'x'


from what i remember...the little buns look steamed on top but fried at the bottom...

see?


i like the crispy texture of the bottom but i didnt really like the filling...
reminds me very much of char siew pau

and of cos Xiao Lung Bao


for some reason or another....the xiao lung baos this time were very much different from the ones we had previously...

it's bigger and as you can see...there are holes on top for you to suck out the juicy porky goodness =)

after a while the juice tasted a little too 'porky' for me tho....LOL...

14 comments:

Redsponge said...

the xiao lung baos are so cute. LOL

Pink Cotton said...

hehe u like?
the piggie smell is very heavy 'x'
dono they got wash the meat properly or not

Vampire said...

You can put the straw in the hole and suck the juice.
I think some restaurants in China do that. Seen a pic of it b4.

Eryn said...

Wrong timing to check your updates. Now I'm hungry! >__<"

The dress I bought was RM35. Postage fee is RM8. Cheap or not? HAHA.

Gonna post the shopping list soon. Don't kill me by then. ;)

mistipurple said...

the pig didn't bathe lah. hehehe

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I heard someone describe the xiao long bao to be too porky. LOL
They look kinda big!

ahlost said...

Wah.. I wanna go there and try !!

But not now T___T

Anonymous said...

A little bit too much of pork for me in a meal! :o

I don't like it either when I fall on tiny unexpected bones! Hahaha. That's why I usually try to order boneless meat :P Actually I simply can't eat when there are little bones in my meat (o_O)

Chen said...

how come the xiao lung pao so huge geh?

Winn said...

telan saliva!!!

u know, i very suka xiao long pao wan leh

Pink Cotton said...

hmmm big ho?
but still smaller than your neighbourhood friendly big pau i guess :D

Anonymous said...

I think they use pork from pigs that have been fed with those chemical pig feed...very bad smell. Buy pork from pigs fed with organic feed, better...

Tim-Kimokeo Voon said...

did u said pork? OMG PORK!
NOTHING IS TOO PORKY AHHAHA!
i love pork!

Anonymous said...

dun like shanghai renjia. they made me wait up for my whole lunch time and my lunch was not served!

Related Posts with Thumbnails