Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

House Progress Report Epi 1 (season 2)

Those of you who have been following my blog since around 4 years back would know about my weekly (almost) house progress report on our house. Well, I thought it's only fair I blog about the progress of the renovation for our humble little place we are going to call home soon in Penang!

Since today is the first day the workers started their renovation work. Im going to post my first house progress report today!

Ok here are some before n after photos. Here's the kitchen before work started:





It came with an existing concrete counter top which kinda made life difficult for us when we wanted to look for people to do the cabinets






Cos people who do carpentry work (wooden doors n hanging cabinets) do not do concrete work and vice versa. So we had to get 2 different groups of people to settle the whole thing.

And here's the before photo of the master bedroom toilet cum bathroom. I only realized I didn't take any "before" photo of the bathroom as a whole cos used bathrooms with signs of the black mould thingy really freaks me out :( so here's a photo of parts of the bathtub. Lol





Ok...so r u ready for some "after" pics??? The contractor told us he will start work today but as luck would have it, a tree apparently fell on his house last night :/ not that I'm doubting him cos there really was a freak storm late last night. Oh well...but he did started work on our house in the afternoon and we were quite surprised to see quite a lot done already...

For instance...this is how the kitchen looks like now!





All tiles taken out. Woohooe..what a mess





And this is how the master bedroom bathroom looks like now





Toilet bowl half-dismantled...so is the bathtub and all tiles hacked off from the wall

Wash basin has been removed too...





My bathroom is now mould free! 'x'

We played a big part in the whole renovation cos we chose our own tiles and designed the color scheme,layout, etc ^_^ it was fun and stressful at the same time and not forgetting all the disagreements and arguments :x but I can say we are now quite the "expert" in choosing tiles and toilet bowls and sink! Rotfl! Oh well we'll have to wait and look at the results first. If we had made one wrong choice, we would have to bear with it for a looong time. Lol

This is the color scheme we planned for the kitchen





Grey floors, black counter top, white walls and grey cabinet doors. Hehehe. At least it looks good on the software :p

2 comments:

Redsponge said...

Btw, this is like ur 2nd baby!

Pink Cotton said...

Wahaha. I think u r rite. Maybe I also feel like u since the Kch house I was so wu sim trying to blog about it I should also do that for this house. Cannot pian xin. Lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails