The 2 of us waited at home with a pounding heart at 10:30am...11am came...no phone call...11:05 came and still no phone call. And i was like shit! dont tell me she forgot. At around 11:08, the phone rang. Had to let it ring a few rings first before i pick up, didnt want to look too desperate. LOL
So we got a "no-nonsense" CO. The interview was of a standard structure...she explained that she will ask me a few personal questions to identify myself :
- what's your birth date?
- what's your place of birth?
- what's the name of your degree and from where?
- What's your company name?
- What's your current job position?
After those few questions in rapid succession, she then went on to the actual interview questions. She just wanted answers to the questions she asked, and nothing more. And everything i say, i can hear her typing in the background. It was quite unnerving when you have an interviewer like that, cos you couldnt even gauge whether you did well or not
The questions were...
1. How soon do you see yourself in NZ?
2. What kind of job field do you want to work in?
3. What’s the salary scale for this job in NZ?
4. What kind of salary are you expecting?
5. If you were offered a lower salary, what would you do?
6. Have you tried applying any jobs in NZ?
7. How did you apply?
8. Have you heard from them?
9. How many have you applied?
10. Have you contacted any recruitment agencies?
11. Do you have any preference for any company that you might want to work with in NZ?
12. Would you prefer full time or part time jobs?
13. Do you have any friends or family in NZ?
14. What kind of support can your friends/or family provide while you are there?
15. What kind of difficulties do you foresee in your job search?
16. What kind of difficulties do you foresee in your stay in NZ?
17. What’s your long term plan for your career in NZ?
18. Do you have any idea of where do you want to stay in NZ?
19. Have you looked at house rental in NZ? How much?
20. How much money do you think you need for expenses?
21. What do you know about NZ healthcare?
22. Have you been to NZ?
23. When was your trip to NZ?
24. Was it for leisure?
25. Where did you go?
26. What’s the reason for choosing NZ?
27. Have you tried to apply to any other country?
1. Do you intend to work in NZ?
2. What field are you currently in and what do field do you intend to work in in NZ
3. Have you looked at schools?
dThen she asked for me again and that was it. She said she will get back to us within 4 weeks...it has been around 1 week plus and the wait is nerve wrecking~~!!!